The National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for a Research Assistant. Researchers will work in the Cisco-NUS Accelerated Digital Economy Enterprise Lab with funding from NUS and Cisco.
The Corp Lab will take a 360o view to accelerate the transformation of Singapore’s digital economy by developing solutions to automate and scale business operations, develop smart infrastructure for healthcare, create resilient, secure and operational infrastructure for IoT and enterprise environments, and harnessing technology to increase and boost the productivity of a future-ready professional workforce.
The lab will conduct research focused on accelerating the digitization of industries across Singapore, creating network-based, secure, data-driven organizations with a future-ready workforce in 5 major areas. below :
- Artificial intelligence (AI): Researchers will develop AI algorithms to improve the search, extraction and learning of knowledge from operational data collected in work environments, and to develop reusable data-based chatbots (or “chatbots” ) for intelligent and collaborative interactions with humans.
- Health care: Researchers will seek to equip hospitals with distributed and coordinated intelligence to improve their operational and clinical efficiency by facilitating detection, understanding and interaction. Some potential applications include monitoring and active response for emergency department patients and monitoring healthcare and human factors workers to improve performance.
- Cyber security: Researchers will conduct network-centric cybersecurity research and develop new solutions for deployment in businesses and industries. They will also develop an experimental cybersecurity test bed to demonstrate cybersecurity solutions.
- Urban infrastructure: Researchers will develop improved collection and processing strategies as well as network infrastructure and data-driven solutions to enable applications such as transportation planning, predictive maintenance under network variability, and traffic management. traffic for autonomous vehicles.
- Future workforce and productivity: By combining NUS’s educational expertise with Cisco’s experience in workforce training, researchers will harness the technology to develop learning best practices to drive greater productivity.
- Possess at least a bachelor’s / master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Have a proven track record in previous research and have a keen interest in participating in high impact research within a large multidisciplinary corporate laboratory and expertise in at least one of the laboratory’s research areas mentioned above.
- Strong interest in experimentation and system construction; machine learning and artificial intelligence, security and privacy, networking and communication systems, Internet of Things and / or cyber-physical systems.
- Open on CDD
In your request, please also provide the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae and transcripts including a list of publications (provide electronic copies of relevant articles)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Eligible for employee recommendation: No
Job Application ID: 11369