Microsoft has released a new Office Insider Preview Build 14122.20004 (beta channel) for Windows users. The new version of Office adds Org Explorer to Outlook, making it easier for users to contextualize, visualize, and explore the people and teams around them. The new version of Office also includes notable fixes for issues found in Word, Project, Outlook. You can read the full official changelog below.
Outlook now offers Org Explorer, a new app that lets you contextualize, visualize, and explore the people and teams around you. To try, select the Organization Explorer icon of Home ribbon. You will see a nice visual display showing the people in your team or organization; select a person’s card or icon to view more details about them.
- We fixed an issue that prevented users from moving items from one folder to another in “non-professional” licensed versions of Outlook.
- We fixed an issue where some comments were not saved when exporting a document to PDF.
- We fixed an issue that prevented a new comment from being edited in an unprotected area of a document when applying the restricted edit.
- We fixed an issue with unnecessary scrolling animation.
- We fixed an issue causing intermittent crashes in the comments pane.
- We fixed an issue that caused an incompatibility between the Editor pane theme and the System theme.
- We fixed a performance issue with working with large documents.
- We fixed an issue where manually scheduled task assignments could be moved to an incorrect date.
- We fixed an issue where the resource pool was unresponsive and could not be opened.
- We fixed an issue where an error was thrown if you created a custom field formula that used the ProjectDate * / ProjectDur * functions with specific date or time settings.
To update to the latest version of Microsoft Office Insider Preview, open any Office program and go to File> Account> Update Options> Update Now.