Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- An opportunity to make a continuing contribution to teaching and research in computer science and medical physics
- Permanent full-time appointment
- Base salary scale: Level B $105,043 – $124,301 per year (pro-rated) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With a strong research background, a dynamic campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
The School of Physics, Mathematics, and Computing (PMC) is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers, and facilities. The extensive undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities and the school is a leader in developing graduates with high-level expertise in computer science, data science, software engineering, artificial intelligence, mathematics, statistics, physics, astrophysics and medical physics. Through our strong partnership with Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and private centers in Perth, the opportunities for partnership and collaborative medicine-focused research are plentiful.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Lecturer to join our department and make a long-term contribution to excellence in research and teaching.
You will teach in a range of undergraduate and postgraduate units in computer science and medical physics while contributing to the ongoing development of the department’s academic programs. You will also build a research portfolio of high-quality publications, grants, and collaborations, and assist in the supervision of doctoral, master’s, and honors research students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Master’s degree in medical physics from an ACPSEM-accredited university or equivalent
- PhD in Computer Science, Medical Physics or related field
- Demonstrated teaching experience relevant to the School’s teaching programs in Computer Science and Medical Physics
- Evidence of and willingness to teach large units, engage in curriculum design, and organize teaching activities
- Demonstrated research performance in medical imaging applications of machine learning, a strong publication record, and the ability to apply for grants
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
About your application
Full details of position responsibilities and selection criteria are described in the position description.
You must address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to help you compile statements to meet the selection criteria, please see Meeting the Selection Criteria
Closing Date: 11:55 PM AWST on Thursday, November 3, 2022
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Mark Reynolds on (08) 6488 2279 or [email protected]
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Request Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and a fair and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe that diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognized educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe working environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disabilities.
- We have a globally competitive, gender-neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks of paid leave after 12 months of service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children ages 6 weeks through kindergarten.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and recently received Bronze Employer Status for LGBTIQA+ Inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and are actively working to improve gender equity.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the person named in the advertisement. You can also contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To allow for a quick response, please include the 6 digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.