IIT Madras has invited applications from women with a good academic record for a scholarship in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
IIT Madras is once again accepting applications for its post-baccalaureate scholarship program for which only women with an outstanding academic record can apply. The scholarship is offered by the Robert Bosch Center for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), which is a center in IIT Madras known for research in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. The Center has the largest network of analytics, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
Speaking about the unique experience this fellowship will provide, Professor B Ravindran, Head, RBCDSAI, said, “Post-baccalaureate fellows are expected to undertake independent research under the mentorship of an RBCDSAl faculty member. They can work with various research teams and establish collaborations with the Centre’s many visitors and affiliates. Those selected will receive a monthly allowance of Rs 40,000.
Who Can Apply For IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Scholarship
The scholarship opportunity is open to candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have a 4-year bachelor’s or master’s degree in fields relevant to RBCDSAI.
- The candidate must be under the age of 28 on March 31, 2022.
- Candidates can apply for a PhD during the fellowship. However, if the Fellow decides to resign before the end of the term, one month’s notice is required.
Benefits of IIT Madras Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence
Women who are selected for the two-year IIT Madras Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence can expect the following benefits:.
- The center claims to have the largest network analysis, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
- The scholarship is with a donation from Google Research.
- Center scholars publish in top journals and conferences.
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend lectures and interact with top scientists from around the world.
- Selected fellows work with a wide network of people, inside and outside of campus. These collaborations help fellows advance their careers in industry or academia.
- Each scholarship holder enjoys health insurance as well as library privileges within IIT Madras.
- Fellows will additionally receive support to attend Women in Tech events like ACM-W and Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Selected scholars will have the opportunity to be matched with a female mentor from academia or industry, of the scholar’s choice.
- Those selected will be entitled to maternity leave in accordance with the regulations.
- Exercising responsible artificial intelligence practices is one of the essential skills taught here that prepares the candidate for post-scholarship success.
Important Details of the IIT Madras Artificial Intelligence Scholarship
Applicants should know the following important details regarding the scholarship and the submission of applications:
Interested candidates should submit their application on the official site before June 30, 2022.
- Details such as degrees and latest curriculum vitae of applicants will need to be uploaded.
- When applying, applicants must provide a choice of three RBCDSAI faculty members with whom they wish to work.
- Depending on the candidate’s performance during their work period, the faculty may provide a letter of recommendation.
- The candidate must accept the offer immediately and provide a join date within 6 weeks from the date of receipt of the offer letter.