IIT Madras invited women to apply for its two-year Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
IIT Madras through its Robert Bosch Center for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) is offering a Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. While the scholarship, called post-baccalaureate scholarship, was previously available to all outstanding graduates, this time only female applications are invited. Those selected will receive a monthly allowance of Rs 40,000.
Women who wish to apply for this scholarship must be under the age of 28 and must have a 4-year bachelor’s or master’s degree in fields relevant to RBCDSAI in order to be eligible for the scholarship. Candidates who have done the scholarship with IIT Madras have also posted positive reviews about their tenure with RBCDSAI.
“What stood out to me was the intellectual freedom I was able to experience from the start where I chose my own project and the teacher to work with. Gave me exactly the kind of exposure I wanted to have at the beginning of my career. It was a very positive experience because I learned a lot technically and otherwise,” says Sivapriya Vellaichamy of Georgia Tech.
Benefits of IIT Madras Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence
Women selected for the two-year IIT Madras Research Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence can expect the following benefits:
- Participants will work at the preeminent interdisciplinary research center for data science and artificial intelligence in India.
- The center claims to have the largest network analysis, deep reinforcement learning, and the most active natural language processing and deep learning groups.
- The scholarship is with a donation from Google Research.
- Center scholars publish in top journals and conferences.
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend lectures and interact with top scientists from around the world.
- Fellows will additionally receive support to attend Women in Tech events like ACM-W and Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Selected scholars will have the opportunity to be matched with a female mentor from academia or industry, of the scholar’s choice.
- Those selected will also be entitled to maternity leave.
How to Apply for IIT Madras Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence
Interested candidates should submit their application on the official site before February 28, 2022. In addition, other details such as diplomas and the latest curriculum vitae of the candidates will have to be uploaded. Applicants will also be required to enter their faculty preference and interested research areas.