Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
Ordinary Professor in Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is the international business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
Consistently ranked among Europe’s top business schools, with a world-leading research center and backed by 50 years of experience in business and management education, the school has a reputation for have a real impact by helping people and organizations perform at their best.
Today, RSM offers a broad portfolio of bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, MBA and continuing education programs, and is consistently ranked among the top 10 European business schools. Each year, the School trains around 6,700 undergraduate and master’s students, 450 MBA students and nearly 2,200 executives.
The School is now seeking to appoint a Full Professor in Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence to join the Business Information Management (BIM) section of the Department of Technology and Operations Management.
The BIM section has a large, young and very international faculty (16 permanent professors active in full-time research, 10 full-time and part-time professors) trained in renowned institutions in Europe, Asia and the United States. .
The BIM section manages an American-style doctoral program and includes 12 doctoral students. Over the past five years, our PhD students have accepted faculty positions at top business schools around the world, including Copenhagen Business School, George Washington University, IE Business School, Northwestern University, and MIT Center for Information Systems Research.
BIM is the founding member of the Erasmus Center for Data Analytics (ECDA), it also leads a number of ECDA practices and has developed many collaborations with many industrial partners. BIM has access to its Erasmus Data Collaboratory as well as excellent research facilities such as the Erasmus Behavioral Lab and several high performance computing resources through the SURFsara foundation. All BIM faculty members are supported by the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) which assists faculty in organizing and attending conferences, participating in journal submissions, inbound and outbound research visits, and access databases.
The successful candidate will have:
• A doctorate in information systems, computer science, management sciences, statistics, economics, management or related fields;
• A strong commitment to high quality research and evidence of your ability to lead research projects and publish in top journals;
• Solid academic research linked to real-world issues to create impact on both the academic community and the business world (eg, societal impact on themes such as: energy, health, work and labor, port and shipping);
• Complementary research to the ongoing work of the department, in particular on the design and impact of artificial intelligence (AI);
• Demonstrated ability to acquire external research support grants;
• Excellence in teaching and experience in the development of educational programs, and the ability to play a key role in the academic programs of the department at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, and in the post-experience MBA, Executive MBA and training programs of the frames;
To download additional information and apply, please visit RSM’s recruitment partner company website by clicking here.
The deadline for receipt of applications is noon on Friday March 25, 2022.